A spill containment pallet is a pallet with a spill tray built in to catch leaks, drips, and ruptures from chemical storage drums. A typical design includes a plastic or metal grate on which the drums are placed, as well as a sump beneath the grate into which the contents will flow in the event of a spill. A drain plug is included in some models, allowing the spill to be readily drained into a safe receptacle. The idea is simple, but it’s quite successful, and it’s commonly employed in today’s hazmat transportation.
The Various Benefits of Spill containment pallets are listed below:
- Saves Time and Cost: You would want to avoid a hazardous spill at all costs. Even if the incident occurs in your warehouse rather than in a more difficult area such as a car or outdoors, effective cleanup can take hours, threaten worker safety, and cost a lot of money. You want to be as prepared as possible in the event that a shipment drum fails. The spill pallets’ built-in sump absorbs any spills or leaks, making cleaning a breeze while protecting both workers and the environment. Spill control pallets should be used whenever possible to save time, money, and effort while reducing risk.
- Safety: Even a small leak or trickle from many hazardous products can represent a major threat to health and safety, and they’re not always easy to identify and capture in time. Moving a bunded pallet that is leaking hazardous items can result in catastrophic injury to your employees, and most typical pallets offer little protection against these dangers. Spill containment pallets are an important line of defense against undetected leaks and spills, and they provide your staff with the confidence they need to handle hazmat pallets.
- Easy Management: For all types of organizations, finding the right balance of safety and convenience is a challenge—so when you do, make sure to use it! Our spill containment pallets are intended to be readily moved using standard warehouse equipment like a forklift or pallet jack. They also nest nicely inside one other when not in use, allowing them to be conveniently stored without taking up too much room.
- Compliance: Spill containment that is both reliable and effective is meaningless if it does not adhere to the many standards that govern chemical transportation. As a result, spill containment pallets should meet all domestic and international specifications.
- Long-Lasting: Spillage containment pallets are made from high-quality plastic that is resistant to moisture, chemicals, contaminated dust, and mold. This means they won’t distort and keep their tactile strength throughout time. This implies they’ll last for at least ten years, making them excellent value for money.
Spill containment solutions have become a must-have for the transportation of a variety of liquid items. The shipping and logistics sectors have long been concerned about the safe transfer of hazardous and valuable liquid products. It is critical to ensure that items are safe and in a suitable, manageable condition during travel, not only for the safety of everyone involved in the supply chain but also to comply with legislation. With the increased necessity for safe chemical and pharmaceutical transportation methods, there has been an increase in demand for pallets that are both robust and spill-resistant.