New Name… New Process… New Beginning… That’s the mantra of the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
From July 1, 2020, the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises will implement a new MSME registration process dubbed “Udyam Registration” by the government.
The government has established new guidelines for the classification of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, and each business must register with Udyam Registration. You will receive a unique identification number for each registration, and you will not be able to have more than one Udyam Registration Number.
The company is classified as small if the investment in plant, equipment, and machinery is less than one crore and the turnover is less than five crores.
The company is classified as small if the investment in plant, equipment, and machinery is less than ten crores and the sales is less than fifty crores.
A company is deemed tiny if its total investment in plant, equipment, and machinery is less than 50 crores and its total turnover is less than 250 crores.
If you wish to learn more about the legal framework of MSME classification, go to udyamregister.org.
The Advantages of Using an Online Udyam Registration Portal
1) It is a paperless registration process that requires only self-declaration.
2) It is completely free; there are no charges or fees to be paid to anyone.
3) This registration method does not necessitate the upload of any documents or evidence of identity.
4) Your Aadhaar is used to verify your identity.
4) Your investment and turnover information will be linked to your PAN and GST, using information obtained from the government.
5) The Udyam Registration Number is linked to the Income Tax and GSTIN systems.
6) If you hold an EM-II registration, a Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) registration, or any other Ministry of MSME registration, you must re-register.
Who is eligible to register for Udyam?
1) Anyone interested in starting a micro, small, or medium business can apply for Udyam Registration online through the Udyam Registration portal.
2) Each ‘Udyam’ firm will be assigned a permanent identifying number known as the ‘Udyam Registration Number’ – URN.
3) A ‘Udyam Registration Certificate’ will be issued to the company upon successful registration.
4) After July 1, 2020, all existing registered firms under EM–Part-II or UAM must re-register on the Udyam Registration platform.
5) Present businesses that were registered previous to June 30, 2020, must re-register, and their existing business registration will be valid only until March 31, 2021.
6) An enterprise that is registered with any other Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises organization must also register with Udyam Registration.
7) All businesses that were registered before June 30, 2020, will be reclassified in accordance with this notice.
A step-by-step guide to MSME registration.
- Begin the process of registering.
Go to the udyam registration portal to start the MSME registration process.
- Fill out the application.
The first step is to complete the MSME Registration form with basic data.
- Fill in your personal information in the blanks.
You must input all of your personal information, including your name, address, PAN card number, and bank account number, throughout the registration process.
- The application will be processed by an executive.
An MSME executive will assess your application during this stage. You will be notified if there is a discrepancy and given the option to remedy it.
- Obtain a Mail Certificate
After completing the form, you will be given a certificate for MSME registration.
Important information regarding the advantages of Udyam Registration
1) Udyam Registration is based on a one-time self-declaration. There’s no need to keep renewing it.
2) You will receive an online Udyam Registration Certificate with a dynamic QR code including all of Udyam’s information.
3) Simple Aadhaar-based registration process: In the case of a proprietorship firm, the proprietor’s Aadhaar number is required, in the case of a partnership firm, the managing partner’s Aadhaar number is required, and in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), the Karta’s Aadhaar number is sufficient for registration.
4) In the event of a Company/Limited Liability Partnership/Cooperative Society/Society/Trust, the organization’s GSTIN and PAN, as well as its Aadhaar number, must be provided by the organization or its authorized signatory.
5) Beginning April 1, 2021, PAN and GST numbers will be required.
6) Anyone who intentionally misrepresents or seeks to suppress the self-declared facts and figures contained in the Udyam Registration will be subject to the punishment set forth in section 27 of the Act.
Suggested Read- how to print udyam certificate
This topic was “New Udyam Registration Process and Facts?” in its entirety.
I did my best to make this answer as easy to understand and understandable as possible. However, if you have any questions or concerns, please ask them in the comments section below.