Compared to the success of e-Commerce veterans, a new online e-Commerce website faces considerable difficulties in getting the brand promoted online to the target audience. There is a lot of competition as every day new brands with a seemingly much better ideology appear on Google, thus taking the glory of the whole webpage in search engines (SERP). Your competitor is all over Google, not because it is better than your brand, but because of their web page ranking. Use a few simple tips to improve your SEO and page rankings to see how your website outperforms the search engine results.
How to Improve Your Rankings on Google:
1. Content Optimization: Content quality is an important factor used in search engine rankings, and there is no substitute for quality content. Every content needs to be in a specific way to increase user traffic & site visibility. Content Optimization is a procedure where you need to ensure that the content written is built technically and published widely to grab large audiences. These automatically enhance the performance, meaning, and ranking of your website.
2. Update Content Regularly: A timely update of the content shows that your website is running professionally. If you have posted more than enough articles or blogs, you can add much other content like promos, activities, offers, etc. This gives visitors a platter of wholesome information about your website. Make your visitors participate and advantage of your offers posted with catchy slogans and taglines. The way we are attached to any content, the search engine does the same because it is wholly related to high-quality content.
3. Keywords: Where to enter keywords? The places where you must necessarily enter correct keywords are domain name, URLs, images, anchor-text, headers, texts, and meta-tags. More attractive keywords will attract readers and more clicks. Select a relevant keyword for each page of the website and specify the visitors with keywords in search terms of the webpage.
– Keyword placement: Once you have selected a keyword for your website page, ask yourself the following. Can I use…
a) some or all keywords in page URL?
b) some or all keywords in the page title?
c) some or all keywords in page titles & subtitles?
– Multiple keywords: You can easily optimize your website by using multiple keywords. With keywords categorized in the same context, it is easy to map the web pages. For example, searching a web page with keywords like “information technology jobs” and ‘information technology careers’. While on the other hand, it is unlikely that a single page describes keywords like ‘information technology degree’ and ‘information technology management’. It is fun to locate the finest details of your webpage being optimized & classified through multiple keywords on the search engines.
3. Promote Your Website: The best ways to promote your website is to define your website SEO, promote blogging, submit online directories, post forums, focus on quality content, outreach marketing strategies, and bind with the power of social media. Focus on building relationships and sharing knowledge, but do not forget to leave your backlink wherever possible on the webpage.
4. Metadata: HTML components include components – meta tags, title tags, description tags, SEO titles, and SEO descriptions. They are usually encoded into the page but are not displayed on the webpage when someone is viewing. You must regularly review and update the metadata of your site as it evolves around the web. Title Tags are the important metadata tags on your page and are in charge of the page titles that appear on your browser window and in search engine results.
5. Use of Alt tags: Alt tags on images are essential for various reasons in SEO rankings. Search Engines inspect the exceptionality of your graphic images; therefore, it is necessary to focus on keywords while defining ALT tags. A descriptive ALT tag will increase the rankings during image search, which will affect the whole webpage. Google & other search engines know what an image is about, and accordingly affects the accessibility of a website with score and ranking.
6. Define Proper Backlink URL: A backlink for the given website is a link that connects with other relevant sites and web resources. Strong link building of backlinks helps you increase website rankings, user traffic, and sales from other search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL, and more. Remember to actively develop backlinks, create high-quality content and comments that offer value is vital to your success.
A web page must be competent enough to understand the sum of perceptions, emotions, and sensations of any user while browsing the website. Many other ways around the web can help you optimize your website – mobile optimization for smartphones/tablets and sign up for Google My Business. When it comes to better visibility & positioning of your location on Google Maps, Google refers to the data manually entered or automatically tracks your location.