It could be that you have married recently and would like to go on a honeymoon trip to Mumbai! This city of dreams is indeed filled with chaos, busy life and traffic. Is there some romantic place for couples to enjoy some time discovering one another? What many are not aware is that there are a few amazing places here that you can spend quality time in peace with your newlywed wife. You may talk, stroll or just walk hand-in-hand without getting disturbed. You should book a decent accommodation. Checking out taj hotel mumbai history, you can find it is a safe place for honeymooners to be.
Romantic places for couples in Mumbai
- Bandra Fort: Located in Bandra’s suburbs, it is also called Castella de Aguada. It was constructed in 1640 and had appeared in several Bollywood movies. The best time to visit this place will be during evening hours to catch the setting sun. It is at this time that the entire Bandra-Worli sea link gets lit up, thus making a stunning view.
- Marine Drive: This long C-shaped road stretch is located close to the Arabian Sea in South Mumbai. Numerous Bollywood movies have shown this spot and have popularized this 3.6 km long boulevard that overlooks the majestic Arabian Sea. It has become a romantic place where you can get to see the mesmerizing panoramic city’s view at sunset.
- Worli Sea Face: Located in Worli, the gushing waters and lashing waves of the beautiful Arabian Sea is referred to as the Worli Sea Face. It is best visited during late night hours to spend quality time with the beloved one amidst tranquillity and solitude.
- Bandra Bandstand: Bandstand Promenade is located close to Bandra and is a popular getaway for couples. This 1.2 km long stretch of walkway is located close to the Arabian Sea. You may choose to sit or walk along the Arabian Sea shores and enjoy the big waves crashing hard against the boulders and rocks. A decent crowd visits this place even at the odd hours of night.
- Jamjar Diner: This is a popular restaurant that is located in Andheri West just opposite Versova Beach. It is known to serve its guests with a wide range of delicious cuisines. It offers an eye-catchy decor and relaxed ambience. You can visit this place with your spouse to treat here with some tasty food of her choice.
- Versova Rock Beach: This beach is located in Andheri suburb and is about 2.7 km in length, comprising of huge rocks. It can be stated to be the extension to the famous Juhu Beach, however, is less populated. From here, you can get to delve in its scenic beauty as well as get to view the breathtaking sunsets. Couples do find it an interesting spot to be as it is calm and quiet.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: This Park is popular among tourists and is situated in North Mumbai. It is also a great place to date with your girlfriend or wife. It boasts of having beautiful lakes, lush greenery and spread across 104 km square area. It is also a great place to enjoy picnic, view its scenic beauty.
- Colaba Causeway: This popular commercial street is also considered as Mumbai’s ‘Cultural Square’. It is an unconventional place to enjoy being with your spouse. You may stroll this street and get to view the beautiful architecture, check out the historic show at Regal Cinema. A better way to end the day will be to check out the breathtaking monument, namely, the ‘Gateway of India’. You can get good food at one of the several cafes set up along the causeway.
- Hanging Gardens: This garden is said to be located on Malabar Hill’s top part and provides tourists with a fabulous view of the vast, beautiful Arabian Sea. The garden has been established to remember Pherozshah Mehta in 1880. This place is visited best during the monsoons as you can find the grass much greener and filled with flowers everywhere. You may spend the whole day here, strolling, exploring the terraced garden and enjoy every moment of it.
- Prithvi Theatre: This theatre was established to honour the Bollywood legendary hero, Prithvi Kapoor in 1975. It is presently among the country’s most highly regarded theatres. Located in Juhu, it is known to host different types of plays and is still packed up most of the time with audience. Many popular Bollywood heroes and heroines are said to have acted here before they got their break in mainstream cinemas. If hungry, you can order a meal ‘Prithvi Cafe’.
- Madh Island Beach: This island beach is located in North Mumbai and is among the city’s cleanest beaches to be. Lush mangroves surround this place, thus making this beach quite unique. You may stroll on this beach, walking hand-in-hand with your spouse. To enjoy quiet time, you may visit this place during weekdays as it experiences fewer visitors.
- Chhota Kashmir: This green space is located in Goregaon, Arey Milk Colony and is enclosed by tall trees. There is also a beautiful lake where you can go for boating. The environment here is also quite soothing and you can find company from the trees around and other like-minded romantic couples.
- Carter Road: It is located adjacent to Bandra and Bandstand Promenade. It is considered to be a popular and among the most happening places for Mumbaikars. Foodies just love to visit this place as it offers everyone with lots of food options to choose from umpteen sidewalk eateries. You can treat your beloved one with amazing food that she/he will love to come back again for more!
- Juhu Chowpatty Beach: It is a fabulous place to catch sunset and offers cool evening breeze. You also get to view the Maximum City’s ‘relaxed’ side. You can have heart-to-heart conversations with your spouse and stroll along its sandy coastline, by holder his/her hand.
There are indeed lots of things that you can indulge in with your newly married spouse in Mumbai.