Udyam registration requires an Aadhaar number. In the case of a proprietorship firm, the proprietor’s Aadhaar number; in the case of a partnership firm, the controlling partner’s number; and in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family, a Karta number.
Upon registration, an entity (referred to as “Udyam” on the Udyam Registration page) will be given a permanent identifying number known as the “Udyam Registration Number.”
You will obtain an e-certificate titled “Udyam Registration Certificate” after finishing the registration process.
Below is the information and documents required to complete the registration process and receive a Udyog Aadhar for your business.
- Name and Aadhar number of the company owner (as mentioned in the Aadhar card)
- A document is required as proof for the social categories of SC, ST, and OBC.
- Your company’s or organization’s name
- Information about your business’s previous registration
- What kind of business do you run?
- Information about your account and your current address
- Code of National Industrial Classification (NIC Code)
- The total number of people who work for your company.
- The current state of your business
- Entrepreneur’s email address and phone number
- PAN number of the entrepreneur and entire investment in the company
What is Udyam Registration in the context of business registration?
Udyam Registration is a new type of registration under the MSME Act 2006. Previously, this technique was known as MSME Registration/Udyog Aadhar Registration. Virtual Auditor and all existing Udyog Aadhar holders provide end-to-end support in transactions linked to the new udyam registration program, assuring compliance.
You can start a micro, small, or large business using Udyam:
- Anyone interested in starting a micro, small, or medium business can use the Udyam Registration portal to fill out a self-declaration form that does not require any documentation, papers, certifications, or proof.
- Upon registration, an entity (referred to as Udyam on the Udyam Registration portal) will be granted a permanent identifying number known as the Udyam Registration Number.
- After completing the registration process, you will receive an e-certificate titled “Udyam Registration Certificate.”
The Udyam Registration Process consists of the following steps:
- A registration form will be available on the Udyam Registration portal.
- In the case of a proprietorship firm, the proprietor’s Aadhaar number will be used, while the controlling partner’s number will be used in the case of a partnership firm, and a karta number will be used in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
- In the event of a Company, a Limited Liability Partnership, a Cooperative Society, a Society, or a Trust, the organisation or its authorised signatory must supply its GSTIN and PAN, as well as its Aadhaar number.
Udyog Aadhar registrations can be converted to UDYAM registrations in the following ways:
- All current enterprises registered under EM–Part-II or UAM must re-register on the Udyam Registration platform on or after July 1, 2021.
- Existing businesses will only be valid until December 31, 2021 if they were founded before June 30, 2021.
- Companies that have already registered with another agency of the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises must also register with Udyam Registration.
- In a nutshell, any MSME that is currently registered under EM Part II or UAM will be required to register under the new system.
Updates to the information and a categorization changeover period:
The contents of the previous financial year’s ITR and GST Return, as well as any extra information that may be necessary, must be updated online at the Udyam Registration site on a self-declaration basis by an organization with an Udyam Registration Number. The enterprise’s status will be stopped if the essential information is not updated within the timeframe specified in the online Udyam Registration portal. Video from the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises Under the MINISTRY OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES, the definition, and manner under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006, as revised by Notification No. S.O.2119 (E) dated June 26, 2020, has been adjusted.
What behaviours are expressly forbidden by Udyam Registration coverage?
- Forestry and logging
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Wholesale, selling, and repair of automobiles and motorcycles
- Wholesale trade is illegal, with the exception of automobiles and motorcycles.
- Motor vehicles and motorcycles are excluded from retail commerce, with the exception of motor vehicles and motorbikes.
- Household tasks as employees of domestic personnel
- For their own use, private households’ undifferentiated commodities and service manufacturing businesses
- Extraterritorial organisations and bodies exchange activities.
Suggested Read- udyam registration certificate
Udyam Registration Features:
- It’s a simple and painless process that can be completed online at any time and from anywhere in about 10 minutes.
- Online registration is simple and does not require the submission of any documents or proof.
- Only your Aadhaar, PAN, and mobile phone are required (for OTP validation)
- Updating the Old Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum online by validating the PAN online