Things are becoming more organized and advanced with the arrival of Indian youth biassed toward startups and the development of MSMEs since 2001. India, despite being a young country, is undergoing rapid transformation. The government, too, is no longer bashful about establishing favorable initiatives to assist MSMEs in existing and rapidly growing.
Suggested read- Udyog aadhar update online
The Ministry of MSME is also working hard to convince MSM Enterprises operating in manufacturing and production, as well as processing or preservation of commodities, that launching a business does not have to cost an arm and a leg.
Understanding MSME under the Law: The Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 was drafted by the Government of India. In legal terminology, micro, small, and medium-sized businesses are best defined as
- Micro- The investment in plant and machinery is limited to Rs. 25 lakh.
- Small- The investment in equipment and machinery exceeds Rs. 25 lakh but does not exceed Rs. 5 crores.
- Medium-The investment in equipment and machinery exceeds Rs. 5 crores but falls short of Rs. 10 crores.
What are the prerequisites for becoming an MSME?
You must go through an online process that incorporates your Aadhar number in order to have it certified. The certificate is available online without the need for a physical copy. Furthermore, the process for obtaining permits, approvals, and registrations in any field for their firm from their respective authorities is streamlined even further for enterprises with the MSME Certificate. As a result, they can produce the Certificate of MSME Registration while submitting an application. Not only that, but applicants can recoup ISO Certificate Expenses by submitting an application to the appropriate authority accompanied by MSME Certificates.
What are the advantages of registering?
There are numerous benefits, ranging from priority lending to cluster financing with encouraging bank loans and the ability to implement the most recent quality management standards.
How can I register under the MSMED Act?
MSME registration is a straightforward procedure. You must go to the scheme’s official website. When you arrive, follow the directions on the screen. Select your category and follow the instructions. Any business that falls within the MSME category is welcome to register here. Your Aadhar card is the sole document required here. You must also include your PAN and GST details for your investment and turnover. All other information will be gathered through the site from the government’s database.
Check the Government portal for changes and provide the necessary documentation. MSME registration is done using the Government of India’s web eudyogaadhaar.org. According to the information provided on this platform, MSMEs can register themselves in one of two categories. Both of these categories are listed below:
- Entrepreneurs who have never registered as an MSME before and are thus registering for the first time.
- Entrepreneurs who have previously registered as UAM or EM-II, as well as those who have registered as UAM or EM-II through assisted filing.
New Entrepreneurs who have not yet been registered as an MSME
Entrepreneurs enrolling for the first time must go to the MSME portal’s homepage and click the button “For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered as MSME.”. The registration process necessitates providing your Aadhar Card number in one of the two ways stated below –
- Registration, as well as PAN Card information
- Registration in the absence of a PAN Card
Registration for Entrepreneurs with EM-II or UAM:
Entrepreneurs who have already registered as UAM or EM-II must select the option on the government portal’s home page that states “For those who have registered as EM-II or UAM”
This will open a page where the entrepreneur must enter his or her Udyog Aadhaar number and then click the “Send OTP” button.
The alternatives are to receive OTP by mobile (as specified in UAM) or via email (as specified in UAM).
After you’ve chosen your OTP settings, click the “Validate and Generate OTP” button. When the Entrepreneur receives the OTP, it must be entered into the box given. After inputting the OTP, the following step is to fill out the registration information. The udyam registration process is now complete.
MSME Registration Requires the Submission of the Following Documents:
- Aadhar number, company name, address, bank account information, and other common information
- The enterprise’s owner might provide self-certified certificates for the same.
- After successfully completing and uploading the form, the owner will be given a registration number.
- This procedure does not necessitate the payment of any registration costs.
Also read- Udyam registration online